Environment, Health & Safety Officer
Euromines, the recognised representative of the European metals and minerals mining industry, is looking for an Environment, Health & Safety Officer to join its Brussels office.
The association’s main objective is to promote the industry and to maintain its relations with European institutions at all levels. Euromines provides exchange of information throughout the sector within Europe. The Association represents large and small companies and subsidiaries in Europe and in other parts of the world which provide jobs to more than 350,000 people. Through the activities and operations of these members, more than 42 different metals and minerals are produced.
More about the position and responsibilities
The Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Officer will be responsible for running the Health & Safety Committee and, together with the team, work on a variety of topics related to the Commission Green Deal Ambition objectives & Zero Pollution Ambition, their regulatory developments, and their implementation within the sector.
The EHS Officer will provide specific support to individual Euromines Members. S/He will report to the Euromines Director but also be in active liaison with the other Euromines departments on Energy and Climate, Environment and Communication.
S/he will provide specific support to:
- organizing and running the Committee on Health & Safety;
- monitoring the relevant regulatory activities;
- informing the members on these regulatory activities and/or any (planned) legislative developments;
- acting as the facilitating interface with the European Institutions and liaise with relevant external stakeholders;
- working pro-actively in bringing new issues to the attention of the Euromines members, and not just reacting to issues.
Requirements for the position
- MSc in industrial/mining engineering, occupational safety, chemistry, biology, environmental sciences environmental and/or chemical law (or other relevant fields);
- Previous work experience in a similar role in an industry and/or association or policy environment;
- Interest and knowledge in the EU regulatory arena;
- Experience in technical project management or experience in projects aimed at addressing chemicals management issues related to the regulatory challenges affecting the mining sector is a strong asset;
- Interest in establishing and developing networks with industry environmental, safety and occupational professionals and with authorities, academics.
- Strong interest in learning about technical and regulatory aspects of relevance to the sector and on chemicals management related topic;
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills;
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced, fluid and collaborative environment;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to function effectively under pressure;
- Solution focused, with some decision-making abilities;
- Sense of professionalism with excellent English written and verbal communication skills; fluency in another or more EU languages is a desirable asset;
- IT proficient, using the Microsoft Office Suite, project management software;
- A ‘can-do’ attitude by being task orientated and outcomes driven;
- Team player.
What Euromines offers
- An international working environment with a leading European trade association;
- Opportunities to grow, take initiatives and work with an ambitious team;
- An attractive remuneration package (incl. fringe benefits) commensurate with qualifications and experience;
- Full-time, permanent contract.
How to apply
You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to Sebastien Bechara at [email protected] indicating ‘EHS – Euromines’ in the subject line.
The position is open until filled. While there is no deadline to apply, interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible due to assessment on a rolling basis.
Starting Date as soon as possible.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.