Concern Worldwide leads the Somali Cash Consortium. Consortium members include Concern Worldwide, Danish Refugee Council, Norwegian Refugee Council, ACTED, COOPI, Save the Children International and IMPACT Initiatives.
Since January 2018 the Somali Cash Consortium has supported over 100k vulnerable Somali households with unconditional mobile money transfers.
The Somali Cash Consortium is funded by Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO), Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development (DEVCO) along with other institutional donors.
The Information Management Analyst will manage the Consortium’s data and data systems. Managing data will involve requesting, receiving, cleaning, consolidating and visualizing data. Managing data systems will involve maintaining existing data systems and developing new systems and processes. The Consortium’s data systems primarily sit on Microsoft including Excel, Power BI, SharePoint PowerApps and the Common Data Service. Open Data Kit (ODK) runs on ONA.io and WordPress also form an integral part of the system.The role is part of the multi-disciplinary Consortium Management Unit (CMU).
Duration: One year with the possibility of extension
Reports to: Finance and Systems Director – Somali Cash Consortium
Responsible for: No direct reports
Exact job location: Mogadishu based, with semi-regular trips to partner offices across Somalia and Somaliland and Nairobi
- Country, Regional and HQ ICT teams.
- Outsourced database provider.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure Consortium team and partners collect, process, store and delete data in line with all relevant data protection legislation, including the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Data review and consolidation
- Receive Excel summary reports, review contents and revise with partner teams. Consolidate cleaned information manually, and visualize on existing using Power BI dashboards.
- Receive computer created reports, review and consolidate automatically using Power Query (in Excel, Power BI, Power Automate)
- Identify the need for new dashboards and work with intended users to design them**
- Create Power BI dashboards (standard and paginated/pixel-perfect reports), following Consortium style guides**
- Upload dashboards to Consortium’s WordPress portal and update access controls as required**
- Provide stakeholders regular and adhoc analysis as requested to help them understand programme process. For example the number of registrations completed in a community against target. **
Data integration – Common Data Service
- The Consortium is in the process of migrating its data to Microsoft’s Common Data Service (CDS). The data inputs include:
- Excel documents in SharePoint libraries
- ODK data accessible through ONA.io’s webAPI
- Data in CDS
- SharePoint list data and metadata
- Data from multiple sources will have to be combined for regular and adhoc reports – both from within and outside of CDS
- The Consortium is trailing the use model-driven Microsoft PowerApps to clean registration data – this is being supported by an external provider
- The Information Management Analyst will take the lead on maintaining the App, with technical support provided by the external provider.
PDF form storage on SharePoint lists
- Support programme teams who store PDF forms attached to SharePoint lists
- Create new and maintain existing SharePoint lists, for example updating parameters, adding columns (including calculated columns and lookup fields) and updating access controls
- Provide adhoc visualisations based on SharePoint list data to enable programme teams to understand progress against targets**
- Provide second-line support for the Consortium’s outsourced web-based call centre that connects to Somali telcos via a SIP connection**
- Degree in Computer Science / ICT / Information Management or similar
- Microsoft Office certifications, from Microsoft or authorized third-party trainer in: Excel; Power BI; SharePoint (cloud); Power Apps; Power Automate; Common Data Service
- Advanced Excel, including Pivot tables and Power Query
- Power BI; data loading, visualization and publishing
- Managing SharePoint document libraries
- Knowledge of Microsoft’s Common Data Service
- SharePoint administration
- Data system architecture design
- System documentation and guidance note drafting
- Web development using HTML
- Building and maintaining model-driven PowerApps
- Client-side SIP/VOIP system setup and maintenance
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing an organisation’s data and data systems
- Experience of rolling out multi-location ICT services
- At least 5 years’ experience in using Microsoft data ecosystem, and tools including Excel, Power BI, SharePoint online, Power Apps, Power Automate (Flow) and Common Data Service
- Experience of working in complex, insecure environment
- Flexibility including willingness on occasions carry out additional duties and tasks as required, to adapt to a changing operational environment.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Somali
- Ability and willingness to communicate confidently and flexibly, choosing the most effective means, including emails, phone, Skype and in-person.
- Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in Code of Conduct (CoC) with Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking Policy.
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and related policies to the team, partner and stakeholders and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
- Actively participate in Concern accountability initiatives (communication strategy, participation and CRM for example) ensuring that they are integrated into the project
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Finance and Systems Director.**
How to apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should submit their applications (cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) by email to [email protected] with subject title “Information Management Analyst” by Thursday 24th September 2020.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test and interview.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Code of Conduct and associated policies.
Concern has Code of Conduct (CCoC) and its associated policies which has been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, especially beneficiaries, from abuse and exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, partner organisations, and anyone engaged by Concern or visiting our programmes, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context all Concern staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct of their work in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Code of Conduct candidates demonstrate they have understood its content and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of this document.
Any breach of the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct by employees of Concern during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including, dismissal
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.