RPP is currently looking for a Junior Researcher for our Brussels office to support the team working on public health and policy at European level.
RPP is a consultancy focused on policy creation, development and communication. The company was established as Rohde Public Policy in 2002 with the goal of delivering new conceptual services in the area of public policy and has grown to be one of the most respected and well-established independent policy service providers. Our topical focus and expertise lie in healthcare, research and innovation, social policy, and related trade and market access issues.
The junior position will involve the monitoring and reporting of developments in the EU and Member States. This information will be analysed and processed by the successful candidate in close collaboration with RPP’s senior staff.
Activities and tasks shall include:
- Covering and reporting on political developments in the EU and Member States;
- Tracking of EU and Belgium relevant dossiers;
- Detailed monitoring of developments on public health and policy at European and national level, including public health stakeholders and policy makers;
- Reporting on meetings and events in the European Institutions that you will attend;
- Servicing and supporting consultants regularly with specifically processed information, and also supporting them with ad-hoc requests and advice;
The candidate should fulfil at least one of the following criteria:
- An interest in health and/or social affairs topics (to be elaborated in your application);
- An academic degree (or comparable) in preferably political sciences, European law or international relations.
- Relevant experience leading into:
- Proven knowledge of the working of the EU political and policy environment;
- Proven knowledge of the working of the European Union.
Furthermore, the candidate is expected to bring in the following capabilities:
- An excellent command of written and spoken English (working language) is a prerequisite;
- Good working knowledge of additional European languages;
- Excellent social and communication skills, most importantly in drafting comprehensive but concise research papers;
- A strong team player is a must and the candidate is expected to contribute to a friendly office atmosphere;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle several requests in a proper, timely fashion;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
The Junior Researcher would start ASAP and for an initial period of 6 months. Regular performance reviews could also allow identifying candidates for full-time employment.
This position is remunerated and is in full compliance with Belgian employment law.
What to do next?
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter addressed to James Kennedy at [email protected]
Generic applications will not be processed.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.