Experience / Training
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, NGO management, or equivalent work experience
- Field working experience of at least seven (7) years in managing humanitarian programmes with increasing responsibilities
- Good knowledge of humanitarian architecture;
- Knowledge of the humanitarian project cycle management;
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of MS Office;
- Knowledge of the main humanitarian donors, with particular reference to DG ECHO, USAID and UN ways of working
- English and French mandatory
- Strategic vision, leadership, people management skill;
- Culturally sensitive and able to understand and work in complex contexts;
- Able to set up new strategies, projects and tools;
- Problem solving attitude;
- Good team player with strong initiative;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to adapt and work in difficult situations
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to [email protected], with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-00-1598 – Regional Director for East and Central Africa ”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email or application letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting./ Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web ngotenders.net