Subgrants Administrator (Subgrants Department)
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Subgrants Administrator to join its Subgrants Team. The Subgrants Team provides full cycle subgrant award administration, including assessment of subgrantees, award of subgrants, administration, and close out of subgrants granted to international NGOs and US-based organizations. Because the majority of the funds granted originate from US Government agencies (USAID, Dept. of State, etc.), the Subgrants Team monitors the subgrantees to ensure they are in compliance with federal regulations. The Subgrants Team also trains subgrantees on subgrants management, financial reporting and best accounting practices.
- Reviews NDI proposals and budgets to donors that contain a subgrant component
- Reviews partners’ application proposals and budgets for accuracy, allowability of costs, compliance with donor and organizational guidelines
- Reviews the accounting procedures and internal controls of each organization and provides useful recommendations for improvements
- Conducts organizational risk assessment and establishes financial monitoring plan
- Prepares subaward packages insuring that any specific donor requirements are incorporated into the cooperative agreements, routes to management for approvals, and issues the agreements to subrecipients
- Coordinates the drawdown process for the subgrants
- Processes amendments to cooperative agreements
- Maintains subgrant binders and electronic folders, maintains information in the Subgrants database, and regularly updates Subgrants trackers
- Reviews required subrecipient audit reports
- Assists with preparation for NDI’s annual audit and periodic audits by donors
- Maintains good communication with the program teams and attends team meetings
- Develops effective strategies and priorities for managing workload, and updates subgrant issuance and pipeline tracking records
- Works with the Subgrants Accountant(s) to insure timely financial and narrative report submissions by the subrecipients
- Attends subgrants team meetings and periodic regional team meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting, or Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) years in international grants, contracts administration or accounting. Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Previous experience with international nonprofit organization highly desirable
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills required
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proven organizational skills and ability to multitask under tight deadlines
- High level of attention to details in all aspects of work responsibilities
- Working knowledge of database applications, Word processing and Excel, some experience with accounting software, Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired
- Knowledge of OMB 2 CFR 200, Uniformed Administrative Requirements
- Occasional international travel might be required
- Foreign language is a plus
This is a union position to be represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) Local 2.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical related condition.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.