Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Residence and Support Staff)
Driver / Messenger
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi has a vacancy for a Driver. This role is open to both male and female applicants.
The jobholder will be part of a Transport Team, maintaining a high standard of driving and providing a safe and efficient transport service for the Embassy; working as a valued team member and maintaining a high standard of driving skills, general administration skills, and punctuality to ensure the safety of passengers at all times.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Driving staff or delegations to various appointments or programmes as per schedule.
- Maintenance of all official vehicles as directed by Transport & Accommodation Officer to include: daily cleaning, checking tyre pressure, brake fluid, engine oil, radiator, battery, and wind screen washer levels.
- Ensure vehicles are taken for regular service as per schedule in consultation with the Transport & Accommodation Officer.
- Dress smartly at all times and especially when key delegations and VIP military officials are visiting the Defence Section.
- Demonstrate flexibility to be available at short notice as and when required to meet business needs.
- Performing additional duties to support wider Estate functions as and when required.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any other response to a crisis.
Key competencies required:
- Managing a Quality Service – Trying to improve the quality of service, taking account of customer needs and requirements in your work area. Organising time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service.
- Delivering at Pace – Focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility for your own actions. Working to agreed goals and activities and dealing well with set-backs.
- Collaborating and Partnering – Having effective working relationships with people in your workplace. Working collaboratively, sharing information, and building supportive, responsive relationships with co-workers and teams.
- High standard of driving skills and holds a clean and valid UAE driving license.
- Sound interpersonal skills. Demonstrates courtesy and consideration in dealing with staff and other stakeholders.
- Good English language skills, both written and spoken. Able to express ideas and messages clearly.
- Good organisational skills and flexibility to manage and prioritise tasks.
- Team player who is also capable of working on their own initiative.
- Good IT and computer skills. Knowledge in using MS Office applications.
- Previous experience of driving for an embassy/ foreign diplomatic mission.
- Knowledge of driving to other cities in the UAE.
- Mechanical knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety principles
- Arabic language skills.
Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
1 November 2021
Middle East & North Africa
United Arab Emirates
19 December 2021
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of leave per annum; on-site swimming pool, gym, and sports facilities (subject to temporary COVID-19 restrictions).
Salary is at AED 5,740 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07:30 to 15:06, including a lunch break of 36 minutes, from Sunday to Thursday.
The successful candidate should also be flexible in their approach to hours worked as these will also be dictated by operational needs and may involve working out of hours during high level visits or during busy periods.
The successful candidate will be required to transfer their visa under the Embassy’s sponsorship.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and 2) a covering letter stating how you meet the requirements of the role.
Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the required competencies in the Competence-Based Questions section of the online application form.
Applications that do not include these information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (UAE local time) on 01 November 2021.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted. Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate on the application form /in your cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.