Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Economic and Prosperity
The British Embassy in Warsaw is part of a worldwide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a COP26 Clean Growth Partnership Campaign Officer.
In preparation for COP26 and the UK’s 2021 COP26 Presidency, to coordinate British Embassy Warsaw’s Influence Campaign to combat Climate Change and promote Clean Growth and to help deliver implementation of projects in the Embassy’s overarching COP26 Climate Change/Clean Growth Campaign for Poland.
The 26th Conference of the Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP26) in Glasgow in November 2021 will be the UK’s largest ever summit and the UK’s major foreign policy priority in 2021. As this role will be a key part of our campaign in 2020-21, and as priorities evolve, the specific responsibilities of the post might change during the campaign. COP26 represents a defining international moment for addressing climate change, six years on from the Paris Agreement. Our subsequent COP26 Presidency throughout 2022 is an opportunity to cement those pledges made in Glasgow.
In this role, you will:
- Lead on the ‘Influence’ workstream of Warsaw’s COP26 Climate Change/Clean Growth Campaign by delivery of a programme of activities, including outreach events in Poland, linked to COP26. During COP26 itself, this will likely include promoting UK-PL joint initiatives at the COP26 exhibition zone. You will also lead on developing and delivery of a Climate Strategic Comms Plan as part of the Warsaw’s Campaign liaising with Comms team and the Campaign Manager. (30%)
- Support delivery of projects and events in the Warsaw Embassy’s COP26 Climate Change/Clean Growth Campaign for Poland leading to COP26 and throughout the UK’s COP26 Presidency in 2021. The jobholder will work closely with the Campaign Manager, in cooperation with Campaign Projects Leads from the Embassy prosperity, commercial and communications teams. This will include ensuring that delivery of projects is in line with the Post’s Campaign timetable and budget and that it is captured in regular project delivery progress reports to the Campaign Manager, acting as a main contact point for external projects delivery partners where relevant. (25%)
- Lead on delivery of a project to share experience between UK and Poland on Just Transition, working with UK and Poland ministries and stakeholders (20%).
- Coordinate implementation of regional activity agreed across the UK’s Embassies in the Central Europe Network (CEN) working closely with relevant CEN policy, prosperity, commercial and communications colleagues. This will include ensuring that delivery of projects is in line with relevant timetables and budgets and captured in regular progress reports to Whitehall policy leads and budget holders. (20%)
- To hold a corporate responsibility objective (for example. as part of the Embassy Net Zero Committee) which contributes to the wider corporate agenda of the British Embassy as well as ad hoc cover for colleagues. (5%)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field, for instance, Project Management, Public Administration, International Relations, Climate and Environment, etc.
- Fluent English (C1) and Polish, both written and spoken;
- Good understanding of foreign policy issues, in particular Polish and UK foreign policy and relevant institutions.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working for an organisation in a relevant field, for example, working for/with national or regional government, international organisations or agencies, preferably in climate change.
- Proven project management track record, including running budgets.
- Experience of collaborating with diverse and senior level relationships.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; confidence in dealing with senior contacts and colleagues;
- Strong IT skills.
- Knowledge of financial / budget management principles or previous financial management experience.
- Foreign policy background, either academic or via work experience;
- Master’s Degree.
Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace
4 October 2020
Fixed Term, Full-time, Flexible working
Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
16 November 2020
This is a full-time position of 5 days (37.5 net per week) until 31 January 2022.
The Embassy operates a system of flexible working hours. The monthly gross salary for this position is PLN 8216.
The annual leave entitlement is 20 or 26 days per year pro rata and the Embassy also enjoys a maximum of 14 Polish / UK public holidays per year.
Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by the local law.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and satisfactory completion of a probationary period of three months.
Candidates must have pre-existing right to live and work in Poland for the duration of the job offer in order to apply. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Poland are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Polish employment law.
Visa / passport requirements: must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Poland and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary after 31st December 2020.
Other benefits: Agreed number of paid leave; learning and development opportunities, modern management culture, excellent working environment, engagement in the corporate life of the Embassy, access to canteen facilities, flexible working hours, home working.
Working patterns: BE Warsaw has a strong commitment to work/life balance and staff are encouraged to leave on time and work the agreed work hours. Flexi-hours are possible within the Embassy building’s opening hours (0730-1800) as well as agreed days to work from home, minimum one day a week.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate on the application form /cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.