Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main purpose of job:
This is a fulfilling and quick paced role assisting the administration of the Human Capital Management team based in Sao Paulo. The position will support all HR processes for the Sao Paulo and Recife consulates, including payroll, Brazilian labour legislation, performance management, inductions, admissions, dismissals, staff survey, recruitment, internship and language programmes, among other projects in the team.
The successful candidate will assist the post’s Business Partner deliver all the required work on the areas mentioned above, dealing with all members of staff and UKB families.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Assist the payroll officer to process the monthly payroll: check timesheets, organize and send inputs to the payroll provider, assist in payroll auditing and payment to staff.
- Provide support on benefits.
- Assist monitoring locally engaged staff annual leave: receive and process annual leave requests, raise annual leave deadline concerns to the Business Partner.
- Familiarize him/herself with staff cost centres, being able to send HR invoices for payment when necessary.
- Provide staff with guidance on the most usual topics of Brazilian labour legislation (CLT) – annual leave, medical leave, admissions, dismissals, overtime payment, etc – as well as on the Network’s HR policies.
- Prepare documentation for locally engaged staff admissions and dismissals.
- Prepare new staff induction programmes, including arrangements with other teams.
- Assist the recruitment processes, following them closely and raising any concerns to the Business Partner at post.
- Prepare and monitor internship contracts, prepare internship terminations, monitor interns’ annual leave. Keep all internship accident insurances up to date.
- Open and manage the team’s purchase orders.
- Assist the Business Partner at post to ensure all labour health requirements are fulfilled, working along the labour medicine company/benefits manager.
- Assist the Business Partner at post with eventual administrative work required.
Language: English and Portuguese
Level of language required: Fluent
Other skills / experience / qualifications:
The successful candidate will be a proactive and organized team player, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. He/she will be a fast learner, with strong attention to detail, able to work under minimum supervision, meeting deadlines, managing data e applying processes.
Ongoing studies/a degree in Psychology or Business Administration.
Customer service relevant experience.
Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Demonstrating Resilience
2 February 2021
Latin America and Spanish speaking Caribbean
British Consulate General
15 March 2021
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes generous vacation and leave time, flexible working patterns, and enriching learning and development opportunities. Eligibility to work and live in Brazil is required.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate on the application form /cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.