Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Main purpose of job:
Immigration Enforcement International (IEI) operates to prevent illegal immigration and disrupt the organised immigration crime groups behind it, supporting both the Immigration Enforcement mission and the Home Office purpose.
IEI also receives Overseas Development Assistance (ODA) funding which is intended to help build capacity within ODA-eligible countries. The ILA would be expected to support the delivery and administer projects in the region.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve:
You will be involved in the following key activities:
- Using collaborative working with overseas and UK law enforcement partners to support investigations to disrupt organised crime groups targeting the UK
- Provide research support to Immigration Liaison Officers (ILOs) by obtaining statistical and analytical data that will enable intelligence reporting
- Maintain, populate and update as required various Intelligence databases
- Building relationships with carriers and host authorities
- Organising and coordinating training plans
- Developing strong and productive relationships with local law enforcement bodies
- Instigating collaborative working with law enforcement bodies, leading to criminal investigations and arrests of those involved in immigration crime
General Administration & Analysis
- Support the development of operational intelligence products through the collection, interpretation and evaluation of relevant quantitative and qualitative information sources
- Collation of statistics for weekly and monthly activity reports
- Maintain Budget trackers of office expenditure
- Providing translation support of reports and emails
- Providing direct support to ILOs on key operational projects
- Providing support to the Immigration Liaison Manager (ILM) on projects and tasks as required
What we want from you?
ILAs need to have excellent people skills that they can use strategically to build relationships with key partners to assist Immigration Enforcement in delivering its objectives. Excellent organisational and time management skills are key to providing support to the team.
The role of ILA is extremely varied. It will be a fantastic development opportunity for a candidate that is able to manage very challenging workloads, deliver at pace and be flexible in support of business aims. The successful candidate will be provided with bespoke training and support. Once up to speed in the role the successful candidate should be able to work towards objectives with minimal supervision.
- Proficient using the latest version of MS Office
- Spoken and written English at advanced level
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Previous immigration, law enforcement and/or analytical or investigation experience
- Previous office administration experience
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable; language training may be provided
Changing and Improving, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace
8 March 2021
Latin America and Spanish speaking Caribbean
19 April 2021
Role is currently remote; jobholder expected to go in once normal operations resume.
Must have the legal status to live and work in Colombia.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes generous vacation and leave time, flexible working patterns, and enriching learning and development opportunities.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate on the application form /in your cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.