Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Information Technology Services
Main purpose of job
The British Embassy’s Information Technology Team (ITT) is looking for a highly motivated and proactive IT Generalist Lead to join their team. The Information Technology Team is responsible for all IT systems for the Foreign & Commonwealth Office division of the Embassy and Consulates throughout the US.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Line manage 3 IT Generalists. Assign work and ensure that the Generalists complete the following tasks. Backfill for Generalists 50% of time.
- First point of contact for telephone, voicemail, email and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing issues with hardware, software, networking and other computer-related technologies.
- Evaluate and prioritise those requests using call management database and maintain history records and related problem documentation, referring more complex requests to other levels of support within the team or the UK’s call logging database for resolution.
- Maintain hardware and software inventories, reassigning and purchasing items as necessary.
- Manage mobile phone contract, including troubleshooting, setting up new devices and updating the database of information.
- Ship and track equipment to other locations.
- Manage internal phone system requests, including ordering new user accounts and hardware.
- Provide customers with username, password and group memberships via Active Directory and other basic routine requests.
- Handle weekly stationery purchase.
- Coordinate and maintain the team calendar via Outlook.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong computer skills,
- Excellent customer service skills are required
- Must be organised, with attention to detail
- The ability to work in a team environment, as well as to work without supervision
- Must be able to work calmly and efficiently in a high-pressure environment
- A minimum of three years experience using Windows, Office 2007 and the remainder of the Microsoft office suite
FCDO ITSO experience
Changing and Improving, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Demonstrating Resilience
30 November 2020
North America, Caribbean and British Overseas Territories
11 January 2020
This role is available for possible job sharing.
Under US State Department requirements, the UK Government in the US may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Permanent Residents or A visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A visa you are not currently eligible to work at our office. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All selected candidates are subject to background checks and will require a security clearance prior to starting work. *A visas are acceptable at the Embassy and Consulates. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas, and British Defense Staff (BDS) outposts accept A or NATO visas.
The UK Government operating in the US offers a substantial benefits package including generous leave, a choice of medical insurance, 401(k) matching up to 7%, extensive learning opportunities and a great work/life balance.
Staff recruited locally are subject to terms and conditions of service in accordance with US, state, and/or local employment law.
Individuals who are not a US taxpaying citizen will be paid a net salary based on a simulated US tax status.
Internal candidates must inform their supervisor before they apply to a different position.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and to creating a diverse working environment, free from discrimination, where everyone is included and treated fairly, based on merit alone. We are an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other criterion protected by law.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate on the application form /cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.