Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Corporate Services Support
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption.
The British Embassy in Podgorica, Montenegro is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a full-time Corporate Services Officer. This position will have the responsibility of maintaining the smooth functioning of Embassy operations. This will include working with UK based colleagues to maintain Embassy IT infrastructure, overseeing maintenance of the Embassy building and residential properties and organising departure and arrival processes for diplomatic staff and their families.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. ITSO and cover for DITSO (40%)
- Lead on Information Management and Assurance for the Embassy: ensure Embassy is in full compliance with relevant UK, Montenegrin laws and Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) regulations on information management and data protection;
- Providing a focal point for IT users in Podgorica on all IT related queries which cannot be resolved by the Helpdesk remotely;
- Support to IT infrastructure management and upkeep of servers, systems, network and application support;
- Support end user devices and act as local Help Desk support responding to queries, including support of telecommunications and video-conferencing;
- Administrating and maintaining the Embassy’s standalone machines and local area networks;
- Proactively maintain IT Infrastructure, reporting incidents and degradations in performance promptly to the Helpdesk and escalating through the correct channel where necessary;
- Liaise with the Helpdesk to resolve IT issues at post and act as point of contact for technical visits;
- Managing accurate inventory of Posts IT equipment;
- First point of contact for official telephones and internet connections (residential and office landlines, mobile phones, official internet subscriptions, cancellation and problem resolution).
2. Estates Operations and Administration (40%)
- Act as the point of contact for staff for any estate maintenance issues, and ensure issues are resolved in line with Post’s Corporate Services Charter;
- Supervise and sign-off projects, preventative and reactive works to FCDO and local standards;
- Request payments and monitor maintenance budgets with the corporate services team colleagues, Technical Works Officer (TWO) and Technical Works Supervisor (TWS);
- Ensure estates procurement is effectively managed and compliant with global policy, working with the Procurement Hub and Corporate Services Manager;
- Manage inventory and warehouse stock;
- Perform and document property inspections and hazard risk assessments for both residential and office estate;
- Ensure estates systems and data are maintained and verified on a regular basis;
- To liaise with Technical Works Office and Technical Works Supervisor to ensure compliance to correct standards across complete estate;
- Prepare for and respond to audit requests and annual compliance reports;
- Monitor energy and consumption and implement sustainability initiatives at post;
- Report any risks proactively to the Head of the Corporate Service/ Corporate Services Manager;
- Deliver health and safety policy implementation, training and standards;
- Assist other members of the Corporate Services team as required;
- Participate in Post crisis activity;
- Act as cover for Corporate Services Manager.
3. Protocol (20%)
- Own the arrival and departure processes for diplomatic staff and their families ensuring processes are efficiently managed to meet required deadlines;
- Maintain records on current and future arrivals and departures to ensure proactive administration;
- Work with the Corporate Services Manager on create and maintain post welcome and departure packs. Seek and collate regular feedback from customers;
- Complete internal and external returns related to diplomatic staff and their families;
- Advise and support the visa process for work-related travel for diplomats;
- Complete import and export processes for diplomatic staff and their families (vehicles, heavy baggage and airfreight);
- Provide regular, clear and timely updates on protocol issues at post.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written, minimum C1 level*);
- Fluency in Montenegrin (both oral and written);
- Working knowledge of IT hardware and software and experienced user of Microsoft Office and Teams and able to demonstrate aptitude to develop further IT skills;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in customer service showing strong interpersonal skills and a customer orientation;
- Familiar with procurement processes;
- Resilient; able to deal with pressure and work flexibility to deal with competing demands;
- Proactive attitude, being able to find solutions and being responsive to changing priorities;
- Ability to be well organised with attention to detail and follow through tasks, to communicate well to staff colleagues and to service providers.
- UK and local Health and safety knowledge;
- Experience of maintaining server, cloud computing and telephony systems and familiar with latest developments within the IT sector;
- Experience in overseeing maintenance teams.
Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service
28 October 2020
Fixed Term, Full-time
Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
1 November 2020
This is a full-time fixed-term contract for one year with possibility of extension.
The successful appointment is subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Podgorica are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Montenegro employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C2 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Additional Information (due to Covid 19):
There is a possibility that the selected candidate might need to work remotely (work from home availability);
- You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate on the application form /cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.