Department for International Trade roles (DIT)
Main purpose of job
Part of the DIT North America marketing hub. Provide marketing to Canada network to cover period of MATL (until May 2021).
The UK’s Department for International Trade in North America is recruiting for the position of Marketing Manager based in New York . The position is offered on a full-time, temporary basis to cover Maternity leave. Intended start date of 4 January 2021 for a period of 6 months, subject to receipt of a successful security clearance. The position will be based at the British Consulate General New York but will involve some travel, to Toronto and potentially elsewhere in North America and the UK. Internal candidates will be permitted to perform the role from their usual post location.
This is a fascinating and busy role allowing someone interested in economic development and marketing to work in a great diplomatic mission at an exciting period in UK/Canada trade and investment relations.
The role will:
- Be responsible for the day to day management of the DITUSA inbox and management of the wrike platform – manage process for all design and content requests; ensure team meet deadlines and follow up with requests.
- Support on finance and procurement tasks including supplier set up and raising requisitions; Manage the admin and evaluation of the marketing budgets in conjunction with the co-Heads of Marketing
- Work with Campaign Managers to develop marketing and communications plans for Canada specific trade or investment activity in close collaboration with sector teams.
- Manage email marketing for the North American network. Day to day management of email marketing platform – upload and deploy newsletters, invites and distribution lists. Report on outcomes for all e-blasts including sharing best practice with the network and set up evaluation system to ensure better, smarter engagement for email marketing communications.
- Manage the design production process for the Marketing team to ensure a timely and effective design process is in place for the North American Network.
- Manage North American marketing collateral and relationship with storage supplier. Maintain stock of marketing collateral and manage relationships with service providers (including procurement).
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in managing marketing campaigns, PR, digital and e-mail marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including fluency in English
- A confident self-starter, able to form effective relationships with the marketing team in New York and HQ as well as Consulate colleagues in Toronto and virtually with colleagues in the UK and across Canada
- A positive and flexible team player who is willing to contribute to the marketing, DIT and the North America network’s overall team objectives
- Able to deal with a range of competing priorities in a calm, efficient and professional manner, with a keen eye for detail
- Confident in dealing with a range of contacts at all levels
- Organised and efficient in work and time management
- Proven capability to use and analyse metrics of email marketing platforms, digital and social media platforms
- Understanding of the full range of MS Office suite including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Under US State Department requirements, the UK Government in the US may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Permanent Residents or A visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A visa you are not currently eligible to work at our office. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All selected candidates are subject to background checks and will require a security clearance prior to starting work.
*A visas are acceptable at the Embassy and Consulates. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas, and British Defense Staff (BDS) outposts accept A or NATO visas.
Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
2 November 2020
Fixed Term, Full-time
North America, Caribbean and British Overseas Territories
British Consulate General
4 January 2021
Due to COVID-19 we are unable to confirm any start date of employment at this time. We will continue to monitor progress and developments, and will be touch as soon as there is an update.
The UK Government operating in the US offers a substantial benefits package including generous leave, a choice of medical insurance, 401(k) matching up to 7%, extensive learning opportunities and a great work/life balance.
Staff recruited locally are subject to terms and conditions of service in accordance with US, state, and/or local employment law.
Individuals who are not a US taxpaying citizen will be paid a net salary based on a simulated US tax status.
Internal candidates must inform their supervisor before they apply to a different position.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and to creating a diverse working environment, free from discrimination, where everyone is included and treated fairly, based on merit alone. We are an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other criterion protected by law.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate on the application form /cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.