Education Specialist, NOD, Fixed Term, Dhaka, Bangladesh #546593 (For Bangladeshi Nationals Only)
Job no: 546593
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, education.
How can you make a difference?
The Education Specialist contributes to the achievement of concrete and sustainable results according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM), as well as UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework.
Education and skill for adolescent and young people has emerged as critical component of education programme in the Country Programme following a strong foundational work from the previous country program, global priority and global education strategy that is clearly aligning with the national priorities. Bangladesh is also one of the front runner countries of GenU, a HQ initiative and the focus on the second decade.
This position leads the pillar on Education and skills for adolescents, OOSC and employability. This post will also ensure that Education Section and the Country Programme benefits from the demographic dividend with education, skills and employability, which is a high priority for the Government and UNICEF. Additionally, the post will also push for increased public investment and support the on-going reform of Education policy, the new Education Act and the support aspects of the access and quality education of Rohingya children.
Major Duties and Tasks:
1. Management and advisory support to the Chief
2. Programme development and planning
3. Programme management, monitoring and quality control of results
4. Advisory services and technical support
5. Advocacy, networking and partnership building
6. Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
For detailed job responsibilities, please access job description below:
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: education, economics, psychology, sociology, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of eight years of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Familiarity/ background with emergency is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (2)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (3)
- Works Collaboratively with others (3)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (3)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (3)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (3)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (3)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (3)
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
*UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
*Internal candidates may be given preference over external candidates. The term “Internal” refers to all staff members with fixed term, continuing or permanent appointments.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Bangladesh Standard Time
Deadline: Bangladesh Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.