About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 500 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
The ECF brings together diverse perspectives and backgrounds to find the best innovative solutions to tackle climate change. We are focusing on engaging and hiring great people from a wide diversity of backgrounds to strengthen the cause. If you share our values of respect, innovation, and collaboration, join us!
About the role
The ECF’s strategic communications team is the outreach unit of the foundation. Its role is to act as a centre of expertise for communication on climate change and to play an active role in helping create more political, media and public endorsement for action on climate change at an international, national and sectoral level. Team members deliver strategic advice, communications and outreach support to ECF’s programmes and its grantees, and work as part of a global network of communications experts to enhance the public debate on climate change and its solutions.
As IT Officer, Strategic Communications, you will be responsible for overseeing the administration of a set of existing IT tools used within the strategic communications team, as well as help with the sourcing and deployment of new ones. In the past year, the strategic communications team has increased its use of different online SaaS tools, including but not limited to Office 365, Zoom, Slack, Google Drive, etc.
You will also be responsible for responding to IT support requests; resolving them where possible and escalating them if necessary. You will assist the IT Manager, Strategic Communications with initiatives and projects relating to the provision and migration of IT tools.
This role will require you to be forthcoming and positive with communicating best-practices and IT advice to the team. The IT Officer, Strategic Communications will report to the IT Manager, Strategic Communications.
The work is divided into two functional parts:
- IT support and administration
- Provide IT support solutions (or escalation if required) to the strategic communications team. You will be able to resolve most of these yourself and will have the ability to escalate these to a third-party provider where necessary.
- Oversee the administration of various IT systems such as Google Drive, Microsoft 365, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- Continual awareness and best practice of IT and data security, overseeing training and communication with the workforce where required.
- Keeping IT documentation up to date in partnership with the rest of the IT team.
- Project-based technical input
- Input on various IT projects both at a requirement gathering and execution level, involving the migration of some current tools and the implementation of others.
- Input to the collective experience of the IT team.
Experience and competencies
- Proven working experience in a IT operations support role and/or helpdesk;
- Demonstrable experience in fielding IT support queries as well as performing training/guidance to employees
- Experience working internationally and supporting a remote workforce is strongly desirable;
- Excellent breadth of knowledge across the professional IT landscape;
- Good knowledge of Office 365 and Apple technologies; experience with IT systems such as Google Drive, Slack, Zoom, Slab, etc. is desirable;
- Technical knowledge of information security management tools;
- Hands-on problem-solving attitude;
- Eager to learn new tools and technologies and develop your IT skills in this role;
- Strong time and priority management with a high level of independence combined with the ability to function cohesively as part of a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, the ability to speak other languages is a plus;
- Passionate about climate action with a genuine interest in the mission and values of the ECF;
- The disposition to work generously with colleagues in a high-trust global community of peers;
- The versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work across phone/video conferencing and time zones;
- A passion for excellence.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international team who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work.
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself.
- A full-time position with employment contract or a 12-month consultancy contract dependent on location.
Flexible – preferred GMT-2 to GMT+2 time zones We may be able to provide co-working spaces in some locations.
Only candidates with the right to work in their location will be considered.
As soon as possible
How to apply
How to apply
- short cover letter expressing your motivation for this role
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.