ABOUT FIELD READY
Field Ready is dedicated to bringing innovation to international humanitarian assistance. Our vision is to meet humanitarian needs by transforming logistics through technology, innovative design and engaging people in new ways. We make useful items to solve problems locally in various sectors such as health, water, and sanitation. We do this by using the latest technology as well as traditional manufacturing. We pass on these skills to others through training and pioneering innovative approaches to the toughest challenges. The impact of this is dramatically improved efficiency in aid delivery by quickly meeting needs and cutting procurement costs. Our approach is truly effective and ground-breaking. For more information, please see www.fieldready.org
Field Ready is looking for a Finance Accountant for our programs in Iraq, with potential to support across the Middle East region. The work will entail the handling of all general accounting transactions, preparation of journal entries, assisting with month-end close and reconciliation/acquittals and preparation of financial reports for donors and local compliance reporting.
Field Ready is leading a project to build the makerspace eco-system Iraq as part of the GIZ ICT for Youth program. These spaces provide areas for youth access workspace and training programs, for industry and the donor community to access product development expertise and equipment, as well as operating as a base for additional donor projects in Iraq. Erbil is our central location with a new space opening in Sulaymaniyah, as well as support to the communities of Mosul Space in Mosul and IOT Maker in Baghdad.
This position is based in Erbil, Iraq, but has regional responsibilities. The position reports to the Iraq Country Lead but works closely with the Regional Lead and the Global Accounting Lead.
The Finance Manager responsibilities will initially include (the post holder who demonstrates initiative and leadership may have an opportunity to shape the role):
· Thoroughly understand the organization’s accounting system, codes and their application
· Prepare Accounts Payables transactions for the region, reconcile and resolve discrepancies whenever necessary
· Assist in ensuring Accounts Receivable are accurate and up to date
· Helping fellow team members in submitting bills, invoices and other expenses in the system
· Ensure the accuracy and correctness of transactions against grants by ensuring expenditures are, for instance, posted under the right financial codes before submission for approval
· Prepare complete and timely balance sheet reconciliations on monthly a basis for the region
· Perform checks of posted transactions in the cloud-based accounting system
· Completion of basic accounting tasks (e.g., petty cash management) for Erbil, and Sulaymaniyah, and oversee inputs of Mosul and Baghdad teams
2) Reporting and Auditing
· Coordinate with other staff to compile donor reports and take subsequent corrective actions
· Monitor program advances issued and follow up with staff to ensure timely accountabilities
· Assist in ensuring vendor/supplier information is accurate and used properly
· Help ensure compliance with donor rules, finance policies and local government regulations
· File reports for local government compliance
3) Finance Support
· Help the Global Accounting Lead ensure that project expenditures remain within monthly cash flow projections or budgets for the region
· Advise on and develop systems combing grants management with additional revenue streams
· Provide internal reporting and analysis to support decision-making
· Identify and help implement efficiencies and savings with regard to all the above tasks
· Represent accounting concerns at internal and, when requested, external meetings
· Training of local staff to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
All other duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES
Required skills and attributes are essential (i.e., please not apply unless these are met or exceeded). Short-listed candidates will be asked to provide evidence of how they meet these requirements.
1) Solid knowledge of accounting principles used by international NGOs
2) At least five (5) years of professional experience
3) Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
4) Full computer/software literacy, including but not limited to cloud-based accounting systems, Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Suite
5) Excellent English written and oral communication skills; Kurdish speaker
6) Absolute integrity and trustworthiness
7) High degree of attention to detail
8) Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and an ability to meet deadlines
Preferred (The following are desired and will be possessed by the best applicants):
9) Knowledge of regulatory, contractual, legal, and financial compliance requirements associated with major institutional donors
10) Auditing experience a plus
11) Prior remote working experience
12) A readiness to work with an organization experiencing growth
13) Commitment to global humanitarianism and an interest in learning Field Ready’s approach
14) Arabic language
How to apply
Please fil the application form here, Including a CV and cover letter that describes your qualifications, reasons for applying and understanding of the requirements outlined above. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and are encouraged ASAP.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.