Position: Grants officer
Job Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reporting to: Grants and Partnership Manager
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 1
Last date for application: May 31, 2021
Project, Syria Office, MEAL, IMU, Field Offices, Finance, Procurement, Logistic.
General objective of the position:
The Grants Officer is responsible of providing quality and proper stewardship of grants by developing and designing proposals with SAMS staff. The Grants officer will also ensure proper filing of related documents and of regularly updating the organization’s grants tracker.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
· Assist in donor reporting processes through the coordination and drafting of high quality donor reports (Bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, interim, annual and final), ensuring compliance with SAMS and donor requirements
· Maintain an internal tracking database of donor, reporting timelines, and coordinate with the Grants Manager, Projects Manager to ensure that appropriate data collection and compilation take place on schedule.
· Provide reminders to relevant staff members on reporting timelines, and act as a focal point for collection, compilation, review and editing of qualitative donor, internal reporting.
· Organize and facilitate planning meetings/kick-off for new projects, in collaboration with Operations, Projects Manager, Finance and M&E departments.
· Support in holding regular grant management meetings, including scheduling, documentation provision, recording and dissemination of action points and minutes.
· Supporting and mainstreaming the use of SAMS grants management tools and systems
· Under the guidance of Grants Manager, provide dedicated support to the development of concept notes, proposals and situation analyses – coordinating the development process with all relevant departments, including designing logical frameworks, setting realistic and measurable targets, and developing narrative proposals.
· Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
· Review SAMS Syria’s partner proposals and budgets when requested, providing constructive feedback.
External Representation and Information Management
· Attend relevant coordination meetings with current and potential donors’ partners and other stakeholders when requested, as delegated by the Grants Manager
· Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use.
· Provide support to Grants Department in the organization of donors’ visits.
· Support the development of strategic communication materials, such as sector profiles, impact reports, program briefings, leadership and positioning pieces and other relevant pieces.
· Promote and model a positive, professional and respectful office culture.
· Undertake other duties as assigned by supervisor.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
· University degree in related field (desirably Business Management, Accountancy, or Marketing).
· Minimum 1 years’ experience in Grants Management/ Donor regulation
· Fluency written and spoken in Arabic
· Advanced written and spoken English
· Grants / Partnerships Cycle Management
· Proposal Development
· Report Writing
· Finance and Legal Issues
· Microsoft Office (Excel, word, PowerPoint)
How to apply
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.
Interested candidates may please send their resume and fill the application in the following link:
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.