Information Management (Child Protection) Specialist, NOC,FT, Gaziantep MENARO #117218
Job no: 544948
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Child Protection, Knowledge Management
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Information Management Specialist is responsible for the following areas to support relevant sections in:
1. Management of information and data from CP AOR members.
2. Providing information for I strategic decision-making of MENARO Gaziantep office for the humanitarian response.
3. Supporting CPAOR coordinator with grounded response analysis.
4. Providing information management products for advocacy purposes, i.e. maps, bulletins as well as other information-based tools and utilities.
5. Monitoring and reporting the implementation of the program strategy and results; recommending corrective action where necessary based on information /data results. Close contact with field teams on the ground, other UN agencies, I/NNGO partners as well as TPM companies will be required.
6. Ensure reporting on Accountability to affected population as well as other cross cutting mandates for UNICEF.
- Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and coordination contribute to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update for effective project planning, development and management, in partnerships with key stakeholders and with contribution of knowledge institutions.
- 4Ws routinely and corrected collected, sorted and analysed for timely use by coordinator.
- CP situation monitoring dashboard monthly accurately updated highlighting key CP concerns in area of operations.
- Quality contributions are made to the development and implementation of CP strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partnerships.
- Contributions to the HRP, HNO, Work Plans are effectively provided, and planned results are timely delivered through application of technical expertise, in consultation with all relevant actors/ partners including donors, NGOs, UN agencies and field teams within Syria.
- Project implementation progress is monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability. Gender/sex disaggregated data and inputs provided, relevant to the CP AOR.
- Technical support is provided to NGOs and all other partners at various stages of the project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, including capacity building of partners on specific information management aspects.
- Relevant and strategic information is kept available and shared with relevant stakeholders as required to support the CP Programmes by the effective implementation of an integrated monitoring and reporting system using available platforms such as -HDSS, OPS, etc.
- Required programme/project reports are timely prepared and shared with relevant stakeholders as required in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- Other assigned duties and responsibilities as needs may arise.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
Within the delegated authority, the incumbent may be assigned the primary, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
- Consolidate periodic 4W tables received and maintain monthly reporting for WOS CP Sector.
- Carryout information management (Smart 4Ws and HDSS) for CP AOR coordinator in the cross-border operation, Turkey Hub. Analyse and report CP programme activities and resources and identify information gaps, to best advise internal programmatic decision making as well as contributing to showing results of the three programmes against targets of the joints operational plan and the humanitarian response plan.
- Maintain information databases that consolidate, analyse and report/disseminate information critical to decision making.
- Update CP situation monitoring dashboard monthly and as often as it will be necessary.
- Provide quarterly and annual updates data updates to CPSC members.
- Support the CP AOR coordination team in their role as chairing the SCHF Strategic Review Committees and Technical Review Committees.
- Ensure at all the times the security of data and respect the confidentiality agreements with partners as per the Child Protection Information Sharing Protocols.
- Support the estimation of spatial and temporal gaps, overlaps and coverage of program activities.
- Prepare reports and maps based on information received from the field. Prepare SitRep inputs, targets and achievements, and work collaboratively with WOS IMO as well as Protection Cluster and AORs IMOs. Develop and strengthen IM capacity of UNICEF implementing partners through continuous capacity building.
- Carryout IM role in assessments and monitoring, including joint assessments and training.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree in Computer Programming, Data Science, Information Management or other relevant disciplines. Relevant experience would be considered in lieu of advanced university degree.
- Work Experience
- Experienced in logical framework approach and different types of indicators (baseline and output especially), basic understanding of the project cycle management (especially monitoring and evaluation steps).
- Understanding of humanitarian approach, humanitarian reform, transformative agenda and roles of each humanitarian actor (Government, UNOCHA, Clusters, organizations).
- Proactively build trust, establish, and maintain effective working relations, and share ideas through IM networks and promote synergies with other program areas with a respect for diversity.
- Experience in communicating key messages to different audiences: tailoring languages, tone, style, and format to match audiences; actively listens to perspectives of stakeholders and team members; interpreting messages and respond appropriately; speaking and writing clearly and efficient; and makes presentations in public with confidence.
- Experience to understand key technical issues for the programs sufficiently well enough to be able to: engage with implementing partners; understand their specific IM needs.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel or MS Access (e.g. pivot tables and functions).
- Knowledge and experience of DBMS (e.g. SQL Server) and Business Intelligence software (e.g. PBI, Tableau or Qlik Sense etc.). Experience in using Power Bi, ArcGis.
- Proven technical expertise for managing data capture and storage, for analyzing diverse datasets, and presenting information in understandable tables, charts, graphs and reports.
- Knowledge of establishing and managing basic websites (e.g. UNOCHA’s Humanitarian Response platform); proven skills in using map-making packages, data visualization (e.g. Tableau), web design and software development are an asset.
- The ability to manage assessment process of CP sector(s)
Fluency in English is a must. Fluency in Arabic is strongly desirable.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Leading and Supervising [I] • Formulating Strategies and Concepts [II]
• Analyzing [III] • Relating and Networking [II]
• Deciding and Initiating Action [II] • Applying Technical Expertise [III]
Specific Technical Knowledge Required:
Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access or other databases (e.g. pivot tables and functions).
Proven technical expertise for managing data capture and storage, analyzing diverse datasets, and presenting information in understandable tables, charts, graphs and reports.
Knowledge of establishing and managing basic websites.
Proven skills in using GIS and map-making packages such as ArcGIS, MapInfo, QGIS, Adobe creative suite for mapping, Power Bi and Plateau as well as some statistical platforms such as R studio and SPSS.
Knowledge and skills in software development are an asset.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: GTB Daylight Time
Deadline: GTB Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.