Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
FMCU (Facilities Management Client Unit)
The Facilities Services Manager is an integral part of the facilities management team at the British Embassy in Moscow. The role has direct oversight for the busy team of Mechanical Fitters/Plumbers, and Electricians who ensure the smooth running of the site for more than 120 members of staff.
The successful applicant will be responsible for direct consultations and communications with external contractors, including utility suppliers, local services and diplomatic corporate administrative officers. You will need to be proactive and take responsibility for driving forward projects and ensure the operational aspects of the site, conform to appropriate safety standards.
You must be flexible and adaptable to change. Some out of hours on call work will be required, for which you will receive an additional pay allowance.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- The role requires a strong level of communication with local utility suppliers including gas, domestic and heating water supplies, surface water and sewage drainage, internet/telephone services;
- Direct liaison with UPDK (Main Administration of Diplomatic Corps in Russia) about services projects is required;
- Contract negotiation and management will be required to ensure that the best value for money can be obtained;
- Support the Head of Estates & Facilities and the Corporate Services team with setting budgets and manging financial expenditure;
- Manage the Mechanical & Electrical team tasking effectively to ensure works are suitably prioritised to meet deadlines. Line manage team to ensure admin is completed, training is arranged and appraisals are completed in a timely manor. Provide oversight of all mechanical and electrical works undertaken by both internal resources and contractors. Ensuring these works are undertaken safely and too appropriate standards;
- Be responsible for the operation and planning of mechanical and electrical maintenance of the Embassy complex and The Residence, including oversight of the Building Management System (BMS). Ensuring the effective operation of the electrical, heating ventilation & air conditioning (HVAC) and fire safety systems;
- Report to Head of Estates & Facilities and the Technical Works Supervisor;
- Manage personal development plan and complete training that is set.
- Fluency oral and written both in English and in Russian (*C1 level according to CEFR);
- Facilities Management experience;
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures;
- Line management of small or medium teams;
- Knowledge of MS Office applications including Excel;
- Driving licence.
- Experience in mechanical/engineering or electrical field or any equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Financial budget management experience;
- Building services engineering experience;
- H&S qualification and/or management experience.
Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
3 October 2021
Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
25 October 2021
This is a full-time permanent contract, 5 working days, 35 hours net per week.
The monthly salary for this position is Rub 106,385 gross, B3 (L) level, paid 13 times a year.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Russia. The British Embassy does not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Russia is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Russian employment law.
We also offer:
- An interesting and varied job in an open, modern management culture;
- Performance related pay scheme;
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities;
- Excellent working environment in central location with on-site facilities including cafeteria, bar, gym, tennis court, squash court and swimming pool;
- Private medical cover including dentistry.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- Formal H&S qualification
- H&S specific short courses
- First aid at work
- Fire safety training
- Engineering development opportunities
Please be advised that the Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate on the application form /in your cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.