Logistics Officer, NOA, Fixed Term, Dhaka, Bangladesh #546594 (For Bangladeshi Nationals Only)
Job no: 546594
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, dedication.
How can you make a difference?
The Logistic Officer reports to the Supply and Logistics Specialist. The Logistics Officer provides technical and operational support as per the Country Office set-up and is responsible for supporting the supervisor in managing the supply chain, or elements of the supply chains of a larger supply operation. The supply chain operations include planning, coordination on procurement, customs clearance, in country transport and distribution, as well as monitoring of supplies and services. The incumbent supports management collaboration with programmes in defining supply interventions to meet programmatic needs and achieve results for children, and provides technical and advisory support to governments, national systems and partners on supply chain management. Normally office based with occasional travel to port and end use level of the counterpart/customer.
Under the direct supervision of the Supply & Logistics Specialist provide support in management of Procurement Services (PS) Operations, helps prepare budget and estimates, review Purchase Agreement/MOUs, review Cost Estimates, process and monitor PS transactions in coordination with Supply Division (SD) and PS Partners, manage in-country logistics of all shipments both for programme and for PS Partners, facilitate customs clearance and receipts, prepare statistical reports, maintain status reports and record keeping.
For detailed job responsibilities, please access job description below:
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree is required in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, Contract/Commercial Law or related social science field.
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in supply, logistics, procurement, contracting, administration and/or other directly-related technical fields is required.
- Understanding of development and humanitarian work.
- Emergency experience is an advantage.
- Health supply chain management experience is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
*UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
*Internal candidates may be given preference over external candidates. The term “Internal” refers to all staff members with fixed term, continuing or permanent appointments.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Bangladesh Standard Time
Deadline: Bangladesh Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.