You will lead MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) technical assistance for food security programs globally and provide leadership and advice in line with CRS program quality and MEAL principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices. You will provide technical leadership and guidance to technical advisors, regional, country program, and project teams. You will liaise with M&E teams at USAID (e.g. Bureau for Humanitarians Assistance) and other donors. Your expertise, leadership, and influence will play a key role in how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS food security programming is across the globe.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
Technical Assistance and Capacity Strengthening
* Advise CRS country and project teams in developing and implementing MEAL strategies, tools, systems and plans for fo od security programming to ensure accountability and learning for dynamic problem solving, high quality programming and technical excellence.
* Guide CRS teams on BHA MEAL requirements and expectations to support the development and implementation of MEAL plans, systems and tools for BHA-funded programs.
* Develop and review baseline, midterm review and final evaluation TORs, and assist with project evaluations or other assessments.
* Review project progress reports, evaluation reports, and other MEAL-related deliverables for BHA and other food security programs to ensure MEAL compliance and provide feedback to strengthen the quality of the products. Serve as a technical backstop to MEAL regional technical advisors for technical support and reviews of BHA and other food security programs.
* Support BHA project teams in applying the “Refine and Implement” approach to BHA-funded programs, including designing Refine activ ities and analyzing findings and applying them to implementation design.
* Work with country and project teams to strengthen the MEAL capacity of partners, abiding by partnership principles.
* Support country programs to appropriately staff for MEAL within food security project teams.
* Lead capacity strengthening initiatives in MEAL for staff and partners through development of learning agendas and curriculums; facilitating training, workshops and conferences; and mentoring and coaching staff in MEAL systems and tools for food security programs.
* Lead the design and implementation of agency strategies, standards, tools, and best practices for MEAL in food security.
* Stay up-to-date in the latest methodologies, best practices, and donor requirements for MEAL in Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) and other food security programs.
* Represent CRS at global forums and conferences, presenting CRS MEAL work and influencing technical approaches and policies related to MEAL in food security programming.
* Network and collaborate with peer organizations, partners, and research and other MEAL-related organizations to share tools, best practices and standards.
Donor Engagement and Growth
* Contribute to developing food security proposals by participating in design teams and writing MEAL sections of proposals.
* Review proposal documents for BHA and other food security projects, including logframes, Theory of Change, detailed implementation plans, and budgets to ensure MEAL activities that reflect donor and industry MEAL standards and comply with CRS MEAL policies and procedures.
* Engage with the BHA M&E team to remain abreast of BHA MEAL approaches, share CRS MEAL work, and facilitate linkages between BHA and CRS project MEAL activities.
* Where appropriate, develop and maintain linkages with MEAL teams of other donors supporting food security programs.
Qualifications and Experience
* Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, International Development, Public Health, or related field required. PhD or equivalent degree (e.g., MD, DrPH, EdD) preferred.
* At least ten years of work experience with progressive responsibilities, working in an advisory or management role preferably with five years overseas experience working in the field advising or managing projects in multiple regions.
* Experience leading monitoring, evaluation and learning functions in development programming; experience with USAID food security programs preferred.
* Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods for measuring project performance as well as agency performance.
* Experience using digital tools for data collection, storage, analysis and visualization preferred.
* Experience with analytic software such as R, STATA, SPSS, or SAS.
* Track record of contributing significantly to successful business development activities.
* Demonstrated experience representing an organization at meetings with donors, government, international NGOs, and local partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
* Technical or academic publications preferred.
Required Languages – Fluency in French, Spanish, or Arabic preferred
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 30%
Other members of the MEAL team. Sector technical advisors (Agriculture/Livelihoods, Health, Nutrition, Governance). MEAL leads in food security programs. Chiefs of Party, Heads of Programs, MEAL Regional Technical Advisors, Program Managers.
M&E teams at USAID (Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance, Bureau for Resilience and Food Security, etc) and other donors, MEAL partners including university and research institutions, CRS partner organizations, M&E working groups, peer organizations.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and Interna tional positions)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.