Department for International Trade roles (DIT)
Main purpose of job
To deliver basic trade activity such as recording, analysis and general support for identified sectors and the markets of Guyana and Suriname. As part of the DIT Caribbean team, the job holder will also be required to undertake administrative tasks on behalf of the Caribbean DIT Regional Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Track and record potential commercial opportunities in Guyana and Suriname by reading local newspapers Government and trade association websites and then input this information into the DIT global opportunities online database.
– Record all interactions with UK companies by the DIT team in Guyana, inputting these into DataHub. Support the DIT regional team with their Datahub input
– Set up Caribbean region sector spreadsheets and databases, send out direct mail shots when directed
– Support the development of a Guyana quarterly newsletter, coordinating information, setting information into the DIT template and sending out to identified sources once approved
– Answer calls and where necessary take detailed messages, make appointments and manage diaries on behalf of the DIT Guyana team.
– Complete administrative duties under the supervision of the DIT Country Director, Guyana and the DIT Caribbean Regional Director, as required.
– Coordinate and record all DIT Caribbean team events, holiday calendars, and take notes from weekly team meetings
– Support social media activity working with the DIT and FCDO MARCOMS and communications team
– Gather budget information from Caribbean Country Directions, manage the regional budget spreadsheet, input all information into the DIT Financial system for approval by the DIT Caribbean Regional Director.
– Assist with administration, planning and logistics for trade missions and trade promotion events
– Provide temporary administrative cover for the Guyana Mission as required
– 1-3 years previous administrative experience.
– Good self-management, organisational and customer service skills.
– Intermediate to advanced computer literacy across all MS platforms and other data platforms, with the ability to learn new computer software quickly
– Excellent planning and administrative skills
– The ability to work effectively in remote location (home) as required
– References, preferably professional, will be requested
– Excellent written and oral communications skills
– Interpersonal skills
– Ability to work as part of a larger, virtual team
Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
6 May 2021
North America, Caribbean and British Overseas Territories
British High Commission
14 June 2021
31 March 2022
Learning and Development Opportunities
BHC Georgetown has an active L&D Committee which scrutinises and oversees bids for training from staff members. We are committed to ensuring all staff has relevant and developmental training opportunities. Incumbent will be required to undertake mandatory IT training following recruitment.
BHC Georgetown already has several members of staff who work flexible hours. Such working may be available for this position.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate on the application form /in your cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.