Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Residence and Support Staff)
Driver / Messenger
Main purpose of job:
The main purpose of the job is to provide a safe and courteous transport service for staff members of the British Embassy Yangon office and its official visitors.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Making a daily check of tyre pressures, hydraulic fluid, oil, radiator, battery level and fuel
- Keeping the vehicle clean and serviceable
- Reporting any defects promptly
- Keeping an accurate record of all journeys and overtime records
- Ensuring passenger signs journey record sheet at the end of each journey
- Wearing an official uniform
- Vehicles must be driven in a safe and considerate manner
- Comply with local road and transport rules and regulations at all time
- Making sure that all passengers are aware that they should wear their seat-belts and abide by the rules of the transport policy
- Ensuring the security of vehicles in your care, e.g. remaining with your vehicle unless duty specifically requires otherwise
- Ensuring your driving licence is valid and up-to-date
- Carry out administrative tasks where and when needed such as: mail dispatch, car registration renewal, paying bills and bank run
- Other tasks as required for business needs
- Completion of at least High School education
- At least 3 years of driving experience in a similar organisation
- Good command of spoken and written English and Burmese
- Basic computer skills
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a team
- Must be willing to work flexible working hours
Changing and Improving, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money
5 February 2021
15 March 2021
The British Embassy Yangon offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, benefits, leave entitlement of 22 days per annum (calculated in pro rata).
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Yangon is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
All applications must be received before 23:55 on the day of the deadline indicated above.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The indicated start date is an estimated date of possible joining; the start date of the successful candidate is subject to the successful clearance of pre-employment/security checks.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate on the application form /cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.