Department for International Trade roles (DIT)
The British Embassy in Moscow is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking for a Senior Trade Advisor.
The Department for International Trade is a United Kingdom government department responsible for securing the UK and global prosperity by promoting and financing international trade and investment by helping UK-based companies to export and succeed in the global economy. The Department’s range of expert services is tailored to the needs of individual UK businesses to maximise their international success. It provides companies with knowledge, advice and practical support.
The purpose of this role is to assist the UK companies to make full use of market potential in the Russian Federation, and to achieve significant business outcomes in Fintech, ICT, Smart Cities sectors.
The role involves building up sector knowledge to understand both the UK value proposition and demands in Russia, undertaking research on the Russian market to identify relevant opportunities and potential business partners, developing and delivering activities to promote UK excellence in the sectors of responsibility as well as providing chargeable tailored services to UK companies. As part of their work, the successful candidate will be expected to achieve results within budget, meeting DIT’s corporate standards for quality of service and also business impact.
In addition, they will be responsible for communications and sector promotions, ensuring that the DIT team uses available tools to deliver messages about the Russian market to UK exporters as well as UK strengths to the Russian audience. Working in Fintech, ICT, Smart Cities sectors, they will also need to be aware of broader political challenges for UK companies operating in Russia.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Build the sector knowledge by effectively and proactively exploring market opportunities and developing appropriate networks and relationships with DIT Head Quarters in the UK and in EECAN region, Russian, UK and EU business/trade associations, and the private sector in both countries;
- Assist UK companies to develop their export potential in the Russian market by planning and delivering relevant activities to support the promotion of UK expertise in the sectors of responsibility and achieve commercial outcomes for the UK companies;
- Undertake bespoke market research on behalf of UK companies on chargeable basis and up to appropriate standard, according to DIT guidelines;
- Deliver against agreed targets, including the value of export success for UK companies, the number of export opportunities identified and the value of chargeable services delivered;
- Undertake market overviews, briefings, communications work, and social media posts;
- Provide cover and assistance to the Team Leader and colleagues when required.
- Fluent in English and Russian;
- University/Bachelors degree;
- A proven record of engaging with customers, stakeholders and partners;
- Understanding of broader business environment in Russia;
- Clear and concise written work in Russian and English;
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities.
- Knowledge and experience of working in Russia’s Fintech, ICT, Smart Cities sectors.
Seeing the Big Picture, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service
6 January 2020
Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
1 February 2021
This is a full-time, permanent contract, for 5 working days, 35 hours net per week.
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Russia. The British Embassy does not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Russia is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Russian employment law.
The monthly salary for this position is Rub 102,263 gross, B3 (L) level, paid 13 times a year.
We also offer:
- An interesting and varied job in an open, modern management culture;
Performance related pay scheme;
Comprehensive learning and development opportunities;
Excellent working environment in central location with on-site facilities including cafeteria, bar, gym, tennis court, squash court and swimming pool;
Private medical cover including dentistry.
Please be advised that the Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Additional Information (due to Covid-19):
- You may experiment some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
- Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
- Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate on the application form /cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.